Don't Narrow the Scope
In September 2011 Professor Gwen Griffith-Dickson spoke at the SOF Annual Conference. In this shortened, edited version of that talk. Gwen shared about the breadth and variety of religious experiences and warned against any kind of reductionism – scientific or religious.
Areas covered within this talk include;
1) The physiological generation of experiences
2) The artificial induction of experiences
3) Needs and wishes as generating the experiences
4) Do causal explanations ‘explain away’?
5) Can all beliefs be explained in purely naturalistic terms?